PUNJAB TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
Punjab Technical University was established in 16th January 1997 and it is located at karputhala highway, Jalandhar. The mission is to promote technical education and other development in the institutions .The institution is renamed as I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University in the remembrance of Late Prime Minister Inder Kumar Gujral. UGC and Non AICTE are been supervised by the institution. Engineering and Technology, Pharmaceutical, Management institution are affiliated by the University. The University is located at different parts of Punjab. The campus is spread over 79 acres and about 10 campus within the state. The strength of the University increases every year and graduated students are placed in top most companies with good designation. The campuses are
- Punjab Institute of Technology, Hoshiarpur
- Punjab Institute of Technology, Mansa
- Punjab Institute of Technology, Khunimajra (Mohali)
- Punjab Institute of Technology, Rajpura
- Punjab Institute of Technology, Kapurthala
- Punjab Institute of Technology, Dinanagar
The campus contains all the facilities for the students. The students develop a professionalism with their development in the institution.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Technology
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Applied Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Executive)
- Master of Computer Applications
- Master of Pharmacy
- Master of Technology
- P.G. Diploma
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Medical Laboratory Science
There are various streams in each course. The faculties are well experienced with high practical knowledge about their streams .The University encourages training and research programs conducted for the Post Graduate and Doctorate students. The scholarship is offered by the institution for economically weaker section students. There are 32 bachelor degree courses in Engineering and Technology and various other technical courses to be encouraged by the institution.
Combined Entrance Test
The Combined Entrance Exam is conducted for all the candidates who are willing to pursue degree in Punjab Technical University. The Eligibility of the candidate is to pass in 10 +2 with the main stream subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science. Diploma course candidates are also eligible for the entrance test. The entrance test is conducted for B.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Arch candidates.
The paper consists of three sections. The first section is of objective type questions. The later part consists of short answer descriptive type questions and questions from core subjects. The proficiency in Punjabi language is been tested .The question paper is been set in English language.
How to Apply
- Log onto the official website www.ptu.ac.in
- Read the instructions provided in the application form
- Fill all the mandatory details of the application form
- Upload the scanned copy of the image and signature of the candidate
- Read the eligibility criteria provided in the application form
- Choose the interested course of the candidate
- Pay the entrance fees using either DD or online payment mode
- Submit the application
- Take the printout for future reference
- Before submission recheck the application to know whether any mistake is done by the aspirant.